Huchuy Qosqo Trek: Full Day
- DURATION : 8 hours
- LOCATION : Sacred valley of the Incas (Patabamba – Huchuyqosqo – Lamay)
- DESCRIPTION: Highland landscapes – archaeological sites – adventure activity
- LEVEL : Need to be in good physical shape
- DEPARTURES: Every day. Private Service.
After breakfast, the guide will pick you up from your hotel. Transfer to Patabamba located at 3700m.a.s.l./12139ft which is an Andean village with impressive landscapes in the land of great wool weavers, they use ancestral Inca techniques to create amazing textiles. At this point you will start to hike, along the way you will pass through few small communities such as Siwas, Qenqo and Pumamarka where you can see locals After 3 hour hiking you will arrive to Pumamarka ruins, from this place you will have amazing views of the sacred valley and the mountain which surrounds the valley. Time to enjoy the box lunch.
Continuing with the hiking you will arrive to Huchu Qosqo (small Cusco), this Inca site was strategically built over a mountain, from this place you will have a complete view of the sacred valley of the Incas; the guide will explain you about this archaeological site and its function during the Inca time.
Finally, you will start to hike downhill to Lamay, after almost 2 hours you will arrive to Lamay where the transport will be waiting for you to return to Cusco.
- Transport Cusco – Patabamba / Lamay – Cusco
- Professional bilingual guide
- Box lunch
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Extra service not mentioned in the program
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Walking stick (passengers MUST take it)